Quite a month

It certainly has been quite a month to say the least. Ever since we got back from Chicago--which seems like forever ago--life has been really odd. And by odd I simply mean hard to imagine, explain, fathom...I think you get the picture. For those of you who don't know, we found out that we lost the baby, and it has been a difficult time. There traces of the sun shining down through the clouds, but for the most part it has seemed like a West Michigan winter down here in Mount Dora (for those of you unfamiliar with the weather in West Michigan, it is overcast from October through March...kind of depressing).
I want you all to know how much we have appreciated your support through your prayers, cards, flowers, and kind words. As we have tried to tell as many people as we can, we can truly feel the love of God through all of you. Thank you for putting that on display for us.
In the midst of sorrow, good things have happened. Steph and I are very excited about being accepted by RUF to move on in their process for campus ministry! If a presbytery approaches RUF and is looking for someone like me for their campus ministry, RUF will give them my name. Hopefully, good things will happen from there! Steph and I are not guaranteed a position with RUF, but they think that I have what it takes to me a campus minister! People like me! Yeah! In reality, I am quite positive that it was Steph that swayed their decision. She was there throughout the whole interview process, and she was great. I take that back...she IS great, not WAS great. She is amazing, and I am blessed to be called her husband.
If you want to read the (rather lengthy) sermon that I preached for the assessment, here it is. It is also located in the post below this one!
Thank you again for all your prayers and the love that you have shown us. It has not gone unnoticed or unappreciated.

Posted byMike Fennema posted 8:13 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment