Elliot's Debut


After a month of having his pictures sitting on my desk, I finally have scanned them in for all of you to enjoy. and as you can tell from the title, not only are we unveiling his first photos, but we are also unveiling his name. After much deliberation and crazy occurrences with other names, we are excited to announce that we are naming our firstborn son Elliot Michael Fennema.
We were deliberating between a couple of different names, and we were amazed at how many people were very candid--maybe too candid--with whether they really liked or really didn't like what we were considering. We are just thankful that the people who read this blog realize that it isn't a very nice thing to criticize the name of a pregnant woman's child, especially right in front of her. That usually doesn't go over so well with the pregnant mother, so we are glad that the people who read this blog don't do that. :)
We are very excited about Elliot and his arrival, hopefully at the end of July. When Stephanie went in for her last checkup, she actually measured 2 weeks ahead. That could mean that he is going to be a big boy and would come early. Or it could be just a simple growth spurt. Who knows. We are just very grateful that little Elliot is growing healthy and strong. He is truly our little blessing from God.

Posted byMike Fennema posted 8:33 PM  

6 comments:

Rachel Marie said... Wednesday, April 09, 2008 4:07:00 PM  

You guys are brave. I mean, Elliot is a great name, but we have never had the guts to tell people our names before birth- I just don't want to know what people really think!

Eugene said... Wednesday, April 09, 2008 4:22:00 PM  

Elliot is a great name! Back in the olden days we would decide on two names a BOYS AND A GIRLS, and sometimes they were decided on the way to the hospital.

kelly said... Wednesday, April 09, 2008 9:39:00 PM  

Who are those people??? I will fight them for you...

Congrats on Elliot! I personally love the name, but even if I didn't I would keep my BIG MOUTH SHUT!!!

Daniel's Helpmeet said... Thursday, April 10, 2008 12:25:00 PM  

Did Eugene call me old???I don't believe I was born in the olden days......

The pictures are great! you are brave telling the name. People are very quick to criticize.

We are thinkful things are going well. Steph, be prepared fo having a late baby and long labor. I remember Mike's birth very well and since this is his child.......

The Tidd's said... Thursday, April 10, 2008 2:38:00 PM  

What a beautiful name! We didn't find out what we were having, but we told everyone the names. I love hearing what people's name choices are. I was induced 2 days after Anna's due date, measuring 1-2 weeks big for a couple months and I she came out in about 1 1/2 hours with hard labor at a whopping 6 pounds 9 ounces. :)

Anonymous said... Friday, April 11, 2008 12:37:00 PM  

ultrasounds freak me out for some unknown reason. but I'm hugely excited for you guys. I look forward to meeting little Elliot. He's very lucky to have an awesome mom and dad like you two.

Post a Comment