Overwhelmed

As I sit and my desk, reading a rather intriguing article while I struggle to keep my eyes open—wait a minute---where did the last 20 minutes go? Ever had that happen? Well, it is happening to me now, so I thought I would quick post a blog to get me going again.

For anyone out there who does not know, I'm about to enter into my last semester of seminary, and I'm getting the overwhelmed feeling. Not overwhelmed because I have so much to do over the next couple of months. Not even overwhelmed because I could be getting ordained this summer and going through that process might literally be hell on earth. I'm not even feeling overwhelmed that I am going to be a dad for the first time. I'm actually overwhelmed knowing that I'm gonna have to know stuff. I know that doesn't sound like much, but people are going to be coming up to me and asking me questions, and I'm going to be expected to know the answer. How do you know the Bible is true? Is it ok if I leave my wife? What's gonna happen at the end of time? Should women be allowed to be ordained? Why do we baptize babies? What is the meaning of life? Why do we take communion? Are there prophets still today? Am I allowed to play sports on a Sunday? Who should I vote for? And that is not even the beginning. I am sure that I can't even begin to come up with all the questions.

All these questions beg to be answered, and people are going to come to me to ask many of these questions and more. I don't know if I am ready right now to handle all of them. I can just imagine my stuttering stammering tongue trying to come up with answers to everyone's questions, and I am just overwhelmed. I feel like I need all of the questions answered myself.

Posted byMike Fennema posted 10:43 PM  

1 comments:

Daniel's Helpmeet said... Wednesday, February 06, 2008 4:53:00 PM  

You think those questions are going to be hard....just wait until your little children ask you where babies come from or how they get in there! You'll stammer for sure!

Post a Comment