A Part of Me

Every time I talk to anyone in my family, I am reminded all over again how much family means to me and how much I miss them. Sure, I may have gotten used to not seeing my family all that often since it has been a long time since we have all lived under the same roof in good ol' South Holland. But that doesn't mean that I like not seeing them.
I can not wait for Thanksgiving. My entire family (everyone in the pictures) will be in South Holland. Even the ones from Germany. I can not begin to descibe how excited I am about the 5 days that I will be back "home." Since we won't see each other for Christmas, we are celebrating the holidays a little early this year. However exciting that sounds, Christmas will be a lot different this year. As of yet, I don't know what it will look like, but it will be just a little bit sad.
Family, I love you all. You all mean the world to me. I miss you and can't wait to see you!
See you in Chicago!

Posted byMike Fennema posted 9:38 PM  

2 comments:

Nathan and Betsy said... Tuesday, November 01, 2005 12:56:00 PM  

This just made my day: my dear old friend Mike Fennema has a blog! What a delight! I've been thinking of you lately and wondering how you are...perhaps you'd be willing to converse with me via email (elizabethacooper at gmail.com)? I'd be ever so grateful.

Anonymous said... Wednesday, November 02, 2005 2:14:00 PM  

Thanks Mike for putting up the pictures! You should put a disclaimer though - the pictures are all a year old! Those babies are now almost 15-22 months old and into everything! My other kids have all grown a minimum of 2-3 inches over the last year. You're not going to recognize them at Thanksgiving!

Post a Comment