Free writing

Well, its been a good yet tough week so far with its ups and downs, and I have a feeling that the tough is going to overtake the good from here on out...
And with the holiday season of go go go...i'm just tired.
I've got to finish Christmas (and wedding) shopping, but who in their right mind wants to be at the mall right now?
Its 10 o'clock, and I just got home after leaving this morning at 7 am.
The good thing, though, is the fact that I am now a mentor. I paired up with a kid tonight, and that makes me happy.
I'm getting to the point where I need another extended amount of time by myself. Anyone know of any good monasteries around here? I could use a couple of days to recharge these introverted batteries that have been running low lately.
Does anybody have any good ideas on how to not hit your snooze button in the morning?
Senior citizens love a little loving attention, and they apparently love being sung to, no matter how terrible it sounds.
I own the fast track at the Lil' 500. You can't touch this.
I love my bed. I don't just like to sleep (which I do and I'm darn good at it thanks to my father), but I love my bed. And it love me too.
Thank you. I'm here all week.

Posted byMike Fennema posted 10:05 PM  

4 comments:

Nathan and Betsy said... Thursday, December 15, 2005 9:46:00 AM  

mikey, are you coming home (that is, to chicago) for christmas? and, umm, will you call me this time? because i noticed that, well, you were here AND in grand rapids for thanksgiving, and nary a phone call came my way. not that i'm trying to make you feel guilty...simply trying to express my desire to see you with guilt-laden words. hope you're well...

Anonymous said... Friday, December 16, 2005 11:15:00 PM  

I know what you mean about being tired! How about I just send you a couple of your nieces to do some cleaning and cooking for you.....then at least you'll be eating healthy!

Otherwise maybe you caught the horrible virus I had....kept me in bed 2 days after you left. It's the same thing Dan had while at the museum!

Mike Fennema said... Friday, December 16, 2005 11:31:00 PM  

Boy could i use the help right now. Instead of being social on a Friday night, I'm stuck home cleaning and doing laundry. I could keep them busy for a while, and I know my roomies would appreciate the cooking!

Anonymous said... Monday, December 19, 2005 8:36:00 PM  

what do yall mean thanks to your father? I never had to teach you to sleep. You learned that at college, till noon every day.

Post a Comment