New Year's Resolutions

One can not really be considered a "blogger" unless they blog about their New Year's resolutions, can they? I think it might be number 6 or 7 of the Blogger Ten Commandments: "Thou shalt not let a New Year's Day go by without blogging about thy New Year's Resolutions."

This year, I haven't made a ton of new resolutions because my resolutions rarely make it out of the first week of the New Year. I am renewing some old resolutions though. Once again, I am resolving to read the Bible through in a year. I've only officially done it once, although I've resolved to do it every year for the past however many years. This year, I have a partner in crime: my beautiful wife Stephanie. In order to bolster the spiritual aspect of our marriage, we are going to be following the same track for our devotions. This way, we can share with each other things that we are learning in the passages that we are reading. We can even read some together. How about that? Reading the Bible together.

I've also resolved--in a vague, unquantifiable way, which is usually tough to resolve to do--to be more reflective. My journaling and blogging have been down in the past year. I was looking back at some of the blogging that I have done, and it is mostly pictures and "this is what we did this past weekend." I know that my family likes to see the pictures, but I've gotten away from really reflecting on life like I have done in the past.

2008 looks to be a year with big changes in the life of Stephanie and I, and I look forward to writing about it. So to those of you who used to check up on the blog more often than you do right now, come back often. I hate to disappoint people, so if you haven't heard from me in a while, call me out!

So, to all our family, friends, and people we don't know who might stumble across our blog: we love you all very much. May God bless you all in 2008.

Posted byMike Fennema posted 10:30 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment